100 Word Stories

This week in writing, we have tried our hand at 100 word stories. We had to write only 100 words based on the prompt

But I wondered what I would do …

This has been a great task to help us focus on our choice of words and creating  mood in our writing. We voted on the top  pieces in our class. Here they are … we hope you enjoy them!

Emma:

But I wondered what I would do! I fell to the old splintery wood; a rusted nail tore my flesh. Tears swelled in my eyes, a throbbing lump wedged in my throat, enlarged. The words slipped round my mind “What would I do?”  I let out an ear piercing scream and covered the wide gash, trying to stop the blood pouring out. My head spun like a spinning top as I slowly wobbled to my feet. The fire place crackled and puffed wispy smoke into the crisp air. The flames licked up any dry wood like a cat drinking milk. I slid my hand up the ancient mantel piece. I knew what I must do.  

Mady:

This was tricky. I jogged to the spot where she lay. Motionless. I gently put one shaky hand to her chest. Beatless. How was I going to save her? Suddenly, I reach for my back pack and take it from my back. Carefully, I lift her head and slide my pack under her. She doesn’t make a sound. Then I realise what I have to do. Slowly, I bend down and put my lips on hers. I blow some air into her mouth then push on her chest. Nothing. Wait, something! She starts breathing! She’s alive! But I wondered what I would do…

Christian:

But I wondered what I would do. Then it came to me. Run. I ran as fast as possible knowing there was a T-Rex right on my tail. I jumped in to the jeep and slammed on the accelerator causing the jeep to go flying down the road towards safety. The next problem I had was the Spinosarous (which if you ask me stands for killing machine.) I stopped the car and got the dart gun lying in the back and loaded it. I jumped out of the car and pulled the trigger twice watching the mighty beast fall to the floor. At that moment I knew I was safe.    

What do you think of our 100 word stories? Where does you mind take you when you hear the phrase “But I wondered what I would do?”

2 thoughts on “100 Word Stories

1. I’m so impressed with our 100 word stories. I had the best time reading each and everyone. When I reflect back on my own Year 5 and 6 days, I couldn’t envisage composing a piece of work equal to the examples above. Wow, impressive on every level.
    I’m so proud of this work!
    Melissa

2. Well done. These are way better than some of my year 7 and year 8 students. Keep doing well.
    @acsbear8 I saw these because of @corisel who retweeted @Mj0401Mary. Twitter is great